Carr House Neighbourhood Development Order Referendum
A Referendum relating to the Carr House Neighbourhood Development Order was held on 22 February 2018.
The question which was asked in the referendum was:
"Do you want the type of development in the Carr House Development Order (as amended) for the designated Upper Eden Neighbourhood Plan Area to have planning permission?"
The Referendum area is identified in a map which is included with this information statement.
The Referendum area is identical to the area which has been designated as the Upper Eden Neighbourhood Area.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if:
- he or she is entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of Eden District Council whose area is in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the Referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be so registered
The Referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the Referendum is £2,622.54. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which that limit has been calculated is 4,416.
The Referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
A copy of the specified documents, that is those documents listed below, may be inspected at the:
- Town Hall,
Monday to Friday between the hours 8.45am to 4.45pm;
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority,
In addition, the specified documents listed below can be found on the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority web page at http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/living-and-working/planning-policy-section/local-planning-policy-eden/ndo-consultation-documents.
The specified documents are:
- the draft Carr House Neighbourhood Development Order;
- the report of the independent examiner into the Neighbourhood Development Order;
- a summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- a statement of the Local Planning Authority's satisfaction that the order meets the basic conditions mentioned in paragraph 8(2) of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and complies with the provision made by or under sections 61E(2), 61J and 61L of the Act; and
- a statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
Dated this 15th day of January 2018.