We held a Referendum relating to the Carr House Neighbourhood Development Order on 22 February 2018.
The question asked in the Referendum was, “Do you want the type of development in the Carr House Development Order (as amended) for the designated Upper Eden Neighbourhood Plan Area to have planning permission?"
The Referendum area identified in the map was included with this information statement.
View the Upper Eden Neighbourhood Area as this Referendum area is identical to that.
A person was entitled to vote in the Referendum if:
- he or she was entitled to vote in an election of any Councillor of Eden District Council whose area was in the Referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election was in the Referendum area. A person's qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she was entitled to be so registered.
The Referendum expenses limit applied in relation to the Referendum was £2,622.54. The number of persons entitled to vote in the Referendum by reference to which we calculate that limit was 4,416.
The Referendum, conducted in accordance with procedures, are similar to those used at local government elections.
You may inspect the specified documents at
- Town Hall,
Monday to Friday, between the hours of 8.45am to 4.45pm;
- Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority,
- the draft Carr House Neighbourhood Development Order;
- the report of the independent examiner into the Neighbourhood Development Order;
- a summary of the representations submitted to the independent examiner;
- a statement of the Local Planning Authority's satisfaction that the order meets the basic conditions mentioned in paragraph 8(2) of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and complies with the provision made by or under sections 61E(2), 61J and 61L of the Act; and
- a statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum.
Dated this 15 day of January 2018.