Planning application types

There are different types of planning applications. Find the right type of application for planning permission you need from the list below:

Householder planning consent

You need householder planning consent to make alterations or extensions to your house.

Full planning consent

You need full planning consent to carry out certain changes of use, or operations to land or buildings. Those which have not followed the Outline and Reserved matters procedure below.

Outline planning consent

If you would like us to consider the principle of a proposal, before preparing detailed drawings. This might include matters such as siting, design, external appearance, means of access and landscaping. This requires a granted reserved matters application before development can begin.

Reserved matters

If you wish to get approval of any matters not considered under an outline planning application, once the detail of a proposal is available. This requires a granted outline planning permission before consideration of reserved matters.

Non-material amendment following a grant of planning permission

For when you wish to make a non-material amendment to an already approved planning application.

Removal/variation of conditions

You must have planning permission or listed building consent before you apply for apply. It is for when you wish to make an application for the removal or variation of a planning condition.

Listed building and conservation area consent

If you need consent to alter a listed building. Also, if you propose for the demolition of certain buildings, walls and other means of enclosure in a conservation area.

Notice of Intention for Agriculture or Forestry Development

You need to give notice for certain types of agricultural and forestry development. Some forms of agricultural and forestry development need a full planning application.

Contact Development Control for advice on giving notice or applying for planning permission.

Advertisement consent

You need advertisement consent for certain types of advertisement. For example posters, notices, boards, placards, fascia, projecting signs, flags or traffic signs.

Lawfulness Development Certificate

You need to regularise development, which does not have the necessary planning permission.

Planning application forms and fees

Select a planning application forms for the type of planning permission you need.

Find out the planning application fee for the type of planning permission you need.

Last updated: Wednesday, 24 April, 2024.