Planning application forms

Planning application fees

Planning application fees are set by Central Government.

Apply online for planning permission

Planning service changes due the Coronavirus (COVID-19)

With the closure of our Mansion House offices in Penrith due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), Planning officers are working from home to follow current Government recommendations.

So as not to cause any delays, please submit all new planning applications online or by email. Applications and letters sent through the postal system may result in delay.

Applying on the Planning Portal

The Planning Portal now charge £20.83+VAT for submitting planning applications online that require a fee. We do not operate the Planning Portal website.

Submit a planning application on the Planning Portal.

Applying to Development Management

Alternatively, you can use one of the forms below and email your planning application to

Where possible, please pay for your planning application by debit/credit card. The closure of our offices due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) means it is not possible to pay by cheque at Mansion House.

Download a planning application form

We only need one copy of your application form and the accompanying documents.

Each planning application form has guidance notes with the necessary information required to accompany each application type. These requirements are in line with National and Local planning checklists. We last reviewed our local list in September 2016.

Application for a non-material amendment following a grant of planning permission

Application to modify or discharge a planning obligation agreed under S106 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990

Approval of details reserved by condition

Approval of reserved matters following outline approval

Consent to display an advertisement

Demolition of an unlisted building in a conservation area

Hedgerow removal notice

Householder application for planning permission for works or extension to a dwelling

Lawful development certificate for a proposed use or development

Lawful development certificate for an existing use, or operation or activity, including those in breach of a planning condition

Listed building consent for alterations, extension, or demolition of a listed building

Outline planning permission with all matters reserved

Outline planning permission with some matters reserved

Planning permission

Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development

Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development - proposed building

When completing the Prior Notification forms below, please take note of the definitions provided in the guidance notes for question 5.

Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development - proposed fish tank (cage)

Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development - proposed road

Prior notification of proposed demolition

Prior notification of proposed development by telecommunications code system operators

Notification for Prior Approval for a Proposed Larger Home Extension

Removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission

Tree work application form (for trees covered by a Tree Preservation Order, or in a conservation area)

Contact Development Management

Contact the Planning Duty Officer if you have any further queries on the details below.

See contact Development Management for contact details for a specific planning officer.

Help us improve this page