Supplementary Planning Documents are intended to provide greater clarity and detail to the policies and proposals within Development Plan Documents. They can be produced more quickly than Development Plan Documents and are not subject to independent examination. As a result, they do not have the same status as Development Plan Documents, but are still material considerations when assessing development proposals.
Although there is not a formal requirement to undertake a Sustainability Appraisal, we may decide to produce a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening document. This assesses the potential implications of the Plan against environmental considerations and aims to guide the Plan away from areas of environmental sensitivity.
The Supplementary Planning Documents that have been produced for the Eden Local Development Framework to date are:
- Shopfront and Advertisement Design (adopted 26 November 2006)
- An Accessible and Inclusive Environment (adopted 21 June 2007)
- Housing (adopted 20 April 2020)
- Management of Conservation Areas (adopted 24 March 2011)
We also work in partnership with other planning authorities in Cumbria to produce Supplementary Planning Documents. These support policies and proposals in the Local Development Frameworks and will be adopted by each of the planning authorities. The following Supplementary Planning Document have been produced jointly:
- Cumbria Wind Energy
- North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Planning Guidelines (adopted 29 July 2011)
- North Pennines Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) Building Design Guide (adopted 29 July 2011)
For information on the progress made in producing each of these documents, please look on the relevant web page for each document.
Sign up for updates from Planning Policy to hear about future consultations.