Kirkby Stephen Local Links
Kirkby Stephen Community and Council Centre provides access to information and services from the three tiers of local government:
- Eden District Council;
- Cumbria County Council; and
- Kirkby Stephen Town Council.
Having the opportunity to access all of the Council's services under one roof is of undoubted benefit to local people.
Eden District Council services
- Council Tax registration, billing and reduction;
- Housing Benefit;
- Business Rates;
- Democratic Services;
- Environmental Services:
- Environmental Health;
- Pest control;
- Community Warden service; and
- Footway lighting
- Housing Services;
- Housing Associations;
- Planning Applications and Planning Policy;
- Register of Electors;
- Refuse collection;
- Recycling; and
- Street cleansing.
You can also access various District Council policy, strategy and consultative documents, as well as committee agendas and minutes.
County Council services:
- NoWcard (bus pass) applications;
- Adult Education;
- Children's Services;
- Kirkby Stephen Household Waste Recycling Centre;
- Democratic Services;
- Disabled Person's Car Badges;
- Highways and street lighting;
- Library and Archive Services;
- Public Rights of Way;
- Public Transport information;
- The Registration Service;
- Social Services;
- Student Support (including issuing and verifying applications for free school meals and clothing grants); and
- Trading Standards.
County Council policy, strategy and consultative documents, as well as committee agendas and minutes, are also available for the public to view.
Kirkby Stephen Town Council services
- Venue for monthly meetings;
- Reporting matters of local interest or concern; and
- Information on local issues.
As a Community Centre, it provides community support and helps to facilitate community development. The Centre provides information and assists with queries on a range of subjects, including job search, social security benefits, health issues, local voluntary agencies and community groups and activities. Private consultations and home visits are available as appropriate. The Centre also provides public computer and internet access and access to Council websites, advice websites, health websites and for job search purposes, which is all free. The Centre manages community use of the rooms and facilities at the Local Links premises.
Works in partnership with...
The Community and Council Centre is working with Appleby Heritage Centre to deliver training from the Local Links, also Bridging The Gap - Hearing Loss Clinic, Eden Save Credit Union, Eden Timebank, Eden Rural Foyer to deliver IT Support and Eden Carers, Department for Work and Pensions and other charitable and voluntary organisations.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10am to 12.30pm and 1:30 to 5pm.
Further information and contact details:
www.kirkby-stephen.com has further information about Kirkby Stephen Community and Council Centre.
- Contact: Community and Council Centre
- Address: Kirkby Stephen Local Links,Old Grammar School, Vicarage Lane, Kirkby Stephen, CA17 4QX
- Telephone: 017683 71775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org