Alston Local Links is one of the nine local links offices in Cumbria which delivers services locally to the community. Local Links services are provided through a partnership formed between the County's six district councils, Cumbria County Council, the Lake District National Park Authority, the Police and the Primary Care Trust.
Alston Local Links, situated in Alston Town Hall, provides a library, tourist information and access to Council services. It provides the following services:
- Blue refuse bags for sale.
- Books and maps for sale.
- Binding of documents.
- Community information.
- Eden District Council contact centre services.
- Events, local and regional.
- Library services.
- Photocopying, including colour.
- Public Transport local information.
- RADAR national key scheme (NKS) keys for accessible toilets.
- Rural wheels top ups.
- Stamps, first and second class.
- Tourist information on what to see and do around Alston and the North Pennines, the Eden Valley, Cumbria, Lake District, County Durham and Northumberland.
- Town Hall room bookings with video conferencing facilities.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Toilet (wheelchair accessible).
Alston Local Links' opening hours
Monday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
Tuesday to Thursday - 10am to 2.30pm
Friday - 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 4pm
Saturday - 10am to 2.30pm
Sunday - CLOSED
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone 01434 382244
- Address: Alston Local Links, Alston Town Hall, Front Street, Alston, Cumbria CA9 3RF