Housing benefit payments
- Housing benefit payment dates
Housing Benefit is paid in arrears usually ever four weeks. There are thirteen main payment runs in the financial year.
- Overpayment of housing benefit
An overpayment is an amount of benefit that has been paid, but for which there was no entitlement under the Regulations.
- Benefit payments during a temporary absence from home
In certain circumstances we can continue to pay you benefit during a temporary absence from your home.
- Awarding Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)
DHP can be awarded to claimants when they can't pay the difference between their benefit and their rent.
- Housing benefit overpayment invoice form
Use this form to pay back an overpayment of Housing Benefit. You will need the Housing Benefit invoice number to complete this form.