Retail, hospitality and leisure relief scheme 2022/2023
The 2022/23 retail, hospitality and leisure business rates relief scheme will provide occupied retail, hospitality and leisure properties with a 50% relief up to a cash cap limit of £110,000 per business.
Ratepayers that occupy more than one property will be entitled to relief for each of their eligible properties up to the maximum £110,000 cash cap per business. No business rates payer should in any circumstances exceed this limit across all of their properties in England.
You could qualify for the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure discount if your business is a:
- restaurant, café, bar or pub
- cinema or music venue
- hospitality or leisure business, for example, a gym, sports club, hotel, holiday let.
We will, for the 2022/2023 financial year:
- automatically award this relief to businesses that it does consider will be eligible for this scheme
- withhold this relief where it is likely that the business ratepayer will breach the cash limit.
If you have received the award but are not eligible
You should notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com if your business has automatically been awarded this relief but:
- you believe that it will breach the £110,000 cash cap limit
- your business will exceed the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance limit of £343,000 over 3 years (including 2022/2023).
If you haven't received the award but believe you are eligible
If your business has not automatically been awarded this relief and you are of the opinion that it does meet the qualifying criteria, please complete the application below.
Please ensure you read through 2022/2023 retail, hospitality and leisure relief guidance on GOV.UK before applying.