Friends of Penrith and Eden Museum
The Friends of Penrith and Eden Museum is an independent support group. The Friends meet between September and April in Penrith and host talks on subjects of local and national interest.
Museum friends aim:
- to support the Museum in its aims and objectives.
- to assist in the acquisition of exhibits, especially of a local nature.
- to give five talks a year on subjects of local and historic interest.
- to assist the museum in a voluntary capacity when required.
Museum friends activities:
- Support the Penrith and Eden museum in it's aims and objectives.
- Assist in the acquisition of exhibits, especially of a local nature.
- Enjoy five talks a year on subjects of local and historic interest.
- Assist the museum in a voluntary capacity when required.
The Committee welcomes members to a new season, and extends greetings to visitors to our talks. Last year we welcomed a record number of visitors, several of whom became members. Our numbers our steady, but the Committee ask members to continue to advertise our existence, and encourage friends to come along. Strong membership is helpful when applying for grants for purchases. Suggestions of speakers, or venues for a visit are always welcome.
Join the friends of the museum:
Membership of the Friends is open to all.
Complete the Friends of Penrith and Eden Museum application form (PDF: 72Kb / 1 page). Return to the address on the form with the appropriate fee, see list of fees below.
- Single membership: £10
- Family membership for 2 Adults and Children under 18: £15
- Junior membership (Under 18): £1
- Patron: £50 a year
- Life Member: £100
Chairman: Mr Peter Simpson
Secretary: Mrs Bridget Davey
Treasurer: Mr Stephen Hill
No roles currently available, please keep checking back for updates. Contact the Museum Curators on the details below for any specific information about volunteering at the museum.