Are you a local landlord?
Eden and South Lakeland District Councils have launched Property Links, a completely free matching service for letting your property.
Our vision is to match people facing homelessness with private landlords looking for long-term tenants.
Unlike many letting schemes, we don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. We tailor our support for each tenant, based upon their needs.
The benefits you will receive from the scheme
- It’s free - no finder’s fee, or commission
- You retain full control over your property
- Income assessments completed on potential tenants
- A Housing Health and Safety Rating (HHSRS) Assessment
- Full photographic inventory at the start and end of the tenancy
- Assistance for tenants to claim housing benefit, or universal credit
- Support with paperwork
- Support, advice and signposting to reduce disagreements between landlords and tenants
- No obligation to take the tenant
- Mid-term tenancy inspection
- End of tenancy property inspection
- A dedicated officer for your property
Properties must be free of risks, which could pose a danger to tenants, or visitors and must meet the following criteria:
- Have a current gas safety certificate, if there is gas in the property
- Electrical installations (including any electrical appliances supplied) must be in good repair
- The property must be in a reasonable physical condition
- Any furniture provided must meet fire safety standards
- You must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) unless the property is listed. The EPC rating must not be below Band E
- You must provide at least one smoke alarm on each floor of the property
- You must provide at least one carbon monoxide detector in rooms with a solid fuel burning appliance
- You must have a current buildings insurance policy
- You must provide proof of property ownership and confirmation of any mortgage.
- You must place any cash deposit into an approved deposit protection scheme (although the alternative of a bond guarantee scheme underwritten by us does away with the need for that).
- You must provide your tenants with a ‘How to Rent’ booklet.
Are you a landlord? Are you tired of paying letting fees? Would you like a free, tailor made service matching tenants and landlords?
Then please contact us about Property Links, our private rented accommodation scheme.