Support in your home options

There are a range of options available in Eden District for people who need help and support to live independently. Some of these services provide long term support and some are short term, for up to two years.

Supported housing

Supported housing is specialist accommodation for people with support needs. Some schemes provide 24 hour staff cover whilst others have staff on site during the day. There are schemes for people with different needs including:

If you think you need specialist supported accommodation, you can contact the Housing Options service at Eden Housing Association who will be able to discuss your requirements and make a referral if appropriate.

Supporting people

Supporting people is a Government funding programme, which pays for some housing related support services including sheltered housing, supported housing and floating support.

For further advice:

Last updated: Thursday, 2 February, 2023.