Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Accommodation for the homeless

Temporary accommodation

Due to the high demand for accommodation, most households accepted as homeless may be provided with temporary accommodation until a permanent home is available.


We do not have shelters or hostel accommodation. Any person seeking this type of housing assistance should contact Eden Housing Association.

Permanent accommodation

If you are accepted as homeless, you will be offered permanent accommodation with a housing association as soon as possible, depending upon availability. Please be aware that there is a high demand for accommodation in the district.

If you are not threatened with homelessness but wish to apply for a housing association tenancy, you can apply to join the housing register by filling in an application form available from Eden Housing Association or Cumbria Choice.

Nearly all Councils and Housing Associations across Cumbria let their properties through Choice Based Lettings.

To find out more, contact Eden Housing Association.

Anchor Housing Association
Telephone 0191 2706000

Abbeyfield Housing Association
Telephone 01325 864498

Eden Housing Association
Telephone 01768 861400

Hanover Housing Association
Telephone 01274 599686

Home Group
Telephone 01539 735382

Housing & Care 21
Telephone 01274 744190

Impact Housing Association
Telephone 01228 633600

Lowther and District Housing Association (managed by Eden Housing Association)
Telephone 01768 861400

MHA (Methodist Homes for the Aged)
Telephone 01332 296200

Mitre Housing Association (managed by Eden Housing Association)
Telephone 01768 861400

Places for People
Telephone 08456 044446

Castles and Coasts Housing Association
Telephone 01228 547463

Positive Feedback Okay Feedback Negative Feedback
Web page feedback