Accommodation for the homeless
Due to the high demand for accommodation, most households accepted as homeless may be provided with temporary accommodation until a permanent home is available.
We do not have shelters or hostel accommodation. Any person seeking this type of housing assistance should contact Eden Housing Association on the link to the web site or the telephone number below.
If you are accepted as homeless, you will be offered permanent accommodation with a housing association as soon as possible, depending upon availability. Please be aware that there is a high demand for accommodation in the district.
If you are not threatened with homelessness but wish to apply for a housing association tenancy, you can apply to join the housing register by filling in an application form available from Eden Housing Association or Cumbria Choice.
Nearly all Council and Housing Associations across Cumbria let their properties under the Cumbria Choice system - see Choice Based Lettings. To find out more, contact Eden Housing Association or follow the link below.
- Anchor Housing Association 0191 2706000
- Abbeyfield Housing Association 01325 864498
- Eden Housing Association 01768 861400
- Hanover Housing Association 01274 599686
- Home Group 01539 735382
- Housing & Care 21 01274 744190
- Impact Housing Association 01228 633600
- Lowther and District Housing Association (managed by Eden Housing Association) 01768 861400
- Methodist Homes for the Aged (MHA) 01332 296200
- Mitre Housing Association (Managed by Eden Housing Association) 01768 861400
- Places for People 08456 044446
- Two Castles Housing Association 01228 541161