Housing queries and complaints

The aim of this page is to ensure that comprehensive housing and public health advice is delivered to all residents and property owners in the district, as well as making sure public health and housing statutes are complied with where appropriate.

You can report a rented property to the Healthy Homes Team anonymously if complaints to your landlord have not been addressed, or you’re worried about the housing conditions within a rented property.

Complaint about a housing association property

If you would like to make a complaint about a property managed by a housing association you should first complain to the housing association who manage the property.

See list of housing associations.

I have query about my rented property being a health risk

If you have a query regarding defective drains, infestations, filthy premises, nuisance premises and properties with excess rubbish, contact Environmental Protection Team.

I have query about the quality of my rented property

If you have a query about the structure, level of amenities and general suitability of individual premises, contact the Housing Services Team.

What can the housing team do?

Housing team enforce housing standards for private rented housing and can provide help for improving properties.

Last updated: Wednesday, 24 April, 2024.