Property Links matches people facing homelessness with private landlords looking for long-term tenants.
Unlike many letting schemes, we don’t believe in a one size fits all approach. We tailor our support for each tenant, based upon their needs.
Property Links scheme benefits for landlords
- It’s free - no finder’s fee, or commission.
- You retain full control over your property.
- Income assessments completed on potential tenants.
- A housing assessment.
- Full photographic inventory at the start of the tenancy.
- Assistance for tenants to claim housing benefit, or universal credit.
- Support with paperwork.
- Support, advice and signposting to reduce disagreements between landlords and tenants.
- No obligation to take the tenant.
- Regular tenancy inspections during the first 12 months.
Properties must be free of risks, which could pose a danger to tenants, or visitors and must meet the following criteria:
- Have a current gas safety certificate, if there is gas in the property.
- Have an electrical safety check, carried out by a qualified and competent person.
- The property must be in a reasonable physical condition
- Any furniture provided must meet fire safety standards
- You must have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) unless the property is listed. The EPC rating must not be below Band E
- You must provide at least one smoke alarm on each floor of the property
- You must provide a carbon monoxide alarm in any room used as living accommodation that contains a fixed combustion appliance (excluding gas cookers).
- You must have a current buildings insurance policy
- You must provide proof of property ownership.
- You must place any cash deposit into an approved deposit protection scheme.
- You must provide your tenants with a ‘How to Rent’ booklet.
Are you a landlord? Are you tired of paying letting fees? Would you like a free, tailor made service matching tenants and landlords?
Contact Eden Property Links on the details below about Property Links, our private rented accommodation scheme.