This statement applies to content published on the www.eden.gov.uk domain. It does not apply to content on service.eden.gov.uk (for example www.selfservice.eden.gov.uk).
Using this website
This website is run by Eden District Council. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver).
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- you cannot modify the line height or spacing of text
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
- some documents have poor colour contrast
- some pages and document attachments are not written in plain English
- some table heading elements are not consistent
- some text is clipped when resized, fixed 25 November 2021
- some incorrect use of ARIA attributes, fixed 25 November 2021
- all scrollable regions are not keyboard accessible
- all directory link purpose cannot be determined from the link text alone
- all pre-recorded video have no accessible subtitles/cc or transcript.
We will update the statement when issues are fixed or when we expect them to be fixed.
Each service has its own accessibility page, with details of how accessible the service is, how to report problems and how to request information in an alternative format. You can access these pages from the footer inside the service.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We will consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this service
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we are not meeting accessibility requirements, report website accessibility problems on our web page feedback form.
If you contact us with a complaint and you are not happy with our response contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’).
Technical information about this service’s accessibility
Eden District Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Text is clipped when resized. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.4 resize text. We plan to fix this by December 2021. Fixed 25 November 2021.
- Incorrect use of ARIA attributes. This is an issue in relation to the magnifying glass by the search bar and the social media links in the footer. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 Name, Role, Value. We plan to fix this by December 2021. Fixed 25 November 2021.
- Ensure all pages have a page title. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion A 2.4.2 Page Titled. We plan to fix this by December 2021.
- Scrollable regions are not keyboard accessible. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion A 2.1.1 Keyboard. We plan to fix this by December 2021.
- Some tables do not use the scope attribute. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion Success Criterion 1.3.1 Info and Relationships. We plan to fix this by December 2021.
- The text will not reflow in a single column when you change the size of the browser window Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.10 Reflow. We plan to fix this by December 2021.
- Directories: the purpose of each link cannot be determined from the link text alone. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion A 2.4.4 Link Purpose (In Context). We plan to fix this by May 2022.
- No subtitles/cc on pre-recorded video. Failure of WCAG 2.1 success criterion A 1.2.2 Captions (Prerecorded).
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Non-HTML documents published before September 2018 do not need to be accessible, unless users need them to use a service.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 21 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 26 November 2021.
This website was last tested on 18 October 2021. The test was carried out by Eden District Council.