Discarded needles and syringes
Needles or syringes found in public places should be reported to us straight away. Please telephone 01768 817817 and we will safely dispose of them. We advise you not to handle discarded needles.
Needles or syringes found in play areas, or anywhere else where children play, may be a danger to them and need to be removed urgently. At weekends, please call our out of hours number for advice. If you decide to remove needles or syringes yourself:
- make sure you wear disposable gloves;
- use tweezers to pick them up;
- place the discarded needles in a glass bottle or jar;
- put in a safe place locked away;
- ask us to collect the bottle for disposal. Telephone 01768 817817.
We do not collect needles or syringes from commercial sites or properties and we will not enter properties to collect discarded needles or syringes.