Removing dead animals

Dead animal on the road verge

We remove dead animals from road verges.

Request the removal of dead animal online or contact the Contracts Team on the details below.

Dead animal on a road

Cumbria County Council remove dead animals obstructing a carriageway.

Report debris or an obstruction on the road.

Report a car accident with an animal

Read report a dead or injured animal on GOV.UK if you hit an animal on the road, as you need to tell the police as quickly as you can, whether the animal is killed or not.

Telephone 101 to call the police.

Last updated: Tuesday, 11 April, 2023.