We provide both a permanent and temporary assisted collection service. This service is for households where no able-bodied persons are living in the property, meaning there is no-one able to carry their blue bags, green box, or green bags, or place out the garden waste bin because of disability or ill health.
How to apply for an assisted collection
If you are applying on someone's behalf, we will need your details, along with the details of the applicant and the requested relevant medical information.
To apply for an assisted collection, please:
- download an assisted collection form (PDF: 30Kb / 2 pages); or
- email email@example.com. Please include your name, address and telephone number; or
- Telephone: 01768 817817, our Customer Services Team; or
- write to: Assisted Collection, Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF. Please include your name, address and telephone number.
Once you register an interest in the assisted collection service, you will receive the service as soon as possible. If you have not completed a form, one will be sent to you. The form should be completed and returned to the above address, with the medical evidence, to ensure continuation of this service.
You will also need to provide supporting medical evidence with your application. Accepted forms of evidence are as follows:
- Evidence of being registered disabled, for example, a blue badge;
- A written letter from a carer (this may be a healthcare professional, or someone who regularly visits to care for you at your home);
- We may require a medical certificate, which can be obtained from your Doctor;
- We can accept forms directly posted from your Doctor, or Carer, but we are unable to reimburse any costs involved.
If the evidence provided in support of your application is found to be incorrect, we reserve the right to terminate the service.
Renew your assisted collection
- If you select a permanent assisted collection, a renewal letter will be sent to you every 2 years;
- Temporary assisted collections will end on the date provided, unless we are told otherwise;
- You must inform us immediately if your circumstances change at any time.