The public register of contaminated land
We are required to maintain a public register. Only specific information will be entered onto the register which includes:
- Remediation notices
- Charging notices
- Appeals against remediation and charging notices
- Remediation statements and declarations
- Designations of special sites
- Notifications of claimed remediation
- Convictions for non-compliance with notices
- Site specific guidance issued by the Environment Agency
This is not a register of sites determined to have contamination present or sites that potentially have contamination present or sites which have been investigated as part of the Contaminated Land Inspection Strategy.
The register serves only as a permanent record of regulatory action undertaken to ensure remediation of any site which has been determined to be contaminated land as defined by the Regulations.
You can view the register free of charge at the Council Offices at Mansion House, Penrith. Requests for copies of documents, for which there will be a charge, must be made to the Contaminated Land Officer.
Currently, there are no entries on our public register for contaminated land.