Council culture and values
Eden district is a mix of historical urban settlements and villages located in stunning rural settings. Penrith is the key town in the district and benefits from being just off both the M6 and the West Coast main line with connections direct to London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh. As well as superb transport links, the district borders the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales national parks and contains parts of the North Pennines AONB (Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty).
Our culture and values
We are enjoying a period of change and modernisation. We are underway with a transformation programme called One Eden designing integrated and sustainable services where the people of Eden are at the heart of everything we do, both now and in the future. The programme is redesigning how we work - bringing into it our people, technology, a new office and how we make decisions.
Part of this transformation has been the creation of four values which underpin everything we do.
- We ensure that customers are at the heart of everything we do, providing responsive services and treating customers with respect.
- We communicate clearly and concisely, tailoring the content and style to suit audience and promote free-flowing communication.
- We are clear on our purpose and what we are best placed to deliver, facilitate and enable on behalf of communities, partners, staff and businesses.
- We act as advocates and champion the causes that matter in Eden.
- We operate and recognise ourselves as One team, representing our best interests and focused on delivering our corporate priorities.
- We value everyone's role in the organisation.
- We encourage cooperation, teamwork and collaboration across our services and outside the organisation, building networks, sharing knowledge, and trusting each other to get the job done.
- We support colleagues and assist each other to deliver our goals.
- We lead through taking a long-term view, engaging with people and developing plans based on quality information.
- We are forward-looking and use data and knowledge to help us anticipate demand and deliver dynamically.
- We make evidenced based decisions, ensuring that everything we do is requirements led.
- We consider key factors in our plans and decisions including value for money, sustainability, equalities, and rural issues.
- We are creative and innovative in the way we problem solve and are empowered to deliver.
- We design services which are fit for purpose, doing the right things well and prioritising where we can make the biggest positive impact on people's lives.
- We are ambitious and strive to improve our performance, do more and demonstrate a pride for Eden in all we do.
- We have a positive "can do" approach and aim to be flexible.
We recognise that our staff are one of our most important assets and in addition to generous employment benefits we provide a fully inclusive and supportive working environment which recognises achievements and the delivery of first class services to the people of Eden.