- Contract: Fixed Term maternity cover to 31 March 2022
- Hours: 30 hours per week
- Salary / pay: £22,183 to £24,491 pro rata
- Closing date: Friday 6 August 2021 at 10 am
- Interview date: We will hold interviews in the week beginning 16 August 2021
- Department: People and Place
Working as part of a small, professional team, with the ability to work independently and flexibly as required, this is an opportunity for a highly motivated and innovative individual.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate high levels of literacy, with excellent communication, report writing and IT skills. Duties will include technical support across a range of environmental health duties within the Food, Health and Safety Team. The post-holder will take a lead in food sampling and infectious disease investigations.
Suitable applicants will possess a good understanding and knowledge of legislation and the regulatory framework relating to food safety and communicable disease control. Applicants should have previous recent experience in a similar role.
The post is a part time position of 30 hours, however the Council would consider flexible working requests.
For an informal discussion on the above post, please contact Emma Brass on (01768) 212366.
Job application guidance
You must apply using the Council's standard application form, we will not consider CVs. No agencies please.
Job application forms
In order to ensure fair and open recruitment processes we are;
- unable to accept CVs instead of, or as part of, an application of employment and
- unable to maintain a database of potential candidates so cannot accept or store applications or CV's submitted on a speculative basis.
We will disqualify any Candidates who canvass Council Members or Senior Officers.
The Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Disability Confident employer
As Disability Confident employers, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.