- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 15 hours per week (Monday and Friday)
- Salary / pay: £17,842-£18,562 (pro rata, pay award pending)
- Closing date: Friday 04 February 2022 at 10am
- Interview date: Week beginning 14 February 2022
- Department: Resources
This role provides general administrative support to the Revenues and Benefits Section which includes scanning and indexing mail received and the printing, enveloping and dispatch of outgoing mail.
It is essential that applicants demonstrate on their application form that they meet the following criteria:
- Ability to work accurately with figures
- IT literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience of inputting data accurately
- Have good attention to detail to ensure data entry and analysis is accurate
- Ability to organise workload and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and to form effective working relationships
- Ability to deal with sensitive data appropriately and to respect confidentiality at all times
- Ability to deal with the emotional demands arising from occasional contact with customers who are vulnerable, distressed or angry
Job application guidance
You must apply using the Council's standard application form, we will not consider CVs. No agencies please.
Job application forms
In order to ensure fair and open recruitment processes we are;
- unable to accept CVs instead of, or as part of, an application of employment and
- unable to maintain a database of potential candidates so cannot accept or store applications or CV's submitted on a speculative basis.
We will disqualify any Candidates who canvass Council Members or Senior Officers.
The Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Disability Confident employer
As Disability Confident employers, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.