- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 30.5 hours per week (flexible, but must include Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- Salary / pay: £20,092-£21,748 (pro rata, pay award pending)
- Closing date: Friday 04 February 2022 at 10am
- Interview date: Week beginning 14 February 2022
- Department: Resources
The Systems and Quality Officer role sits within the Systems and Quality team as part of the wider Customers and Performance department, providing excellent customer experience in line with the Council’s strategic plan.
The service is responsible for system administration, payment/BACS file processing and statistical and performance information to support the collection of local taxation and the administering of Housing Benefits and Council Tax Reduction Scheme applications.
It is essential that applicants demonstrate on their application that they meet the following criteria:
- Knowledge of Housing Benefit, Council Tax and Council Tax Reduction Scheme and National Non Domestic Rates
- Minimum Level 2 qualification (or equivalent under the National Qualification Framework) in English Language and Mathematics
- Experience in compiling and analysing data accurately
- Experience working in a financial environment
- Experience providing a service to customers in a range of different circumstances
- Experience with IT systems including MS Office
A relocation package of up to £5125 may be available.
Job application guidance
You must apply using the Council's standard application form, we will not consider CVs. No agencies please.
Job application forms
In order to ensure fair and open recruitment processes we are;
- unable to accept CVs instead of, or as part of, an application of employment and
- unable to maintain a database of potential candidates so cannot accept or store applications or CV's submitted on a speculative basis.
We will disqualify any Candidates who canvass Council Members or Senior Officers.
The Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Disability Confident employer
As Disability Confident employers, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.