|Contract||Fixed Term Contract to 31 March 2020|
|Hours||18.5 hours per week, Monday am, Wednesday and Thursday|
|Salary / pay||£17,364 - £18,065 (pro-rata)|
|Closing date||Wednesday 21 August 2019 at 10am|
|Interview date||Interviews will be held on 29 August 2019|
We have a temporary vacancy for a support assistant to provide support to the Revenues and Benefits section.
The post holder will work alongside other support assistants on a range of duties including:
- Sorting, scanning and indexing mail received in Revenues and Benefits into the document management system.
- Verifying personal documents sent in by customers to support Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction Scheme applications. Ensuring that valuable documents are recorded and returned to customers.
- Printing bills, forms and leaflets.
- Preparing outgoing mail each day ready for collection
The ability to organise your work and attention to detail are essential in this role. As a part of a small team you must be reliable and flexible in your approach to work.
Applicants should have a good standard of education, a minimum Level 2 qualification or equivalent (under the National Qualification Framework) in Literacy and Numeracy or equivalents is desirable. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word is essential. Any experience of using an electronic document management system would be useful but training will be provided.
Working pattern: Monday morning and full days on Wednesday and Thursday.
Job application guidance
All applications must be made on the Council's standard application form and CVs will not be considered. No agencies please.
Job application forms
In order to ensure fair and open recruitment processes we are;
- unable to accept CVs in lieu of, or as part of, an application of employment and
- unable to maintain a database of potential candidates so cannot accept or store applications or CV's submitted on a speculative basis.
Candidates who canvass Council Members or Senior Officers will be disqualified.
The Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer.
Disability Confident employer
As Disability Confident employers, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.