Housing Technical Officer
|Hours||37 hours per week|
|Salary / pay||£20,661 - £22,658|
|Closing date||Friday 6 October 2017 at 10am|
|Interview date||Interviews will be held in the week beginning 16 October 2017|
We are looking for a highly efficient and organised person to be responsible for the delivery of our Housing Assistance and Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) programme.
You will need excellent communication and negotiation skills, together with experience of working effectively with vulnerable people, colleagues, contractors and other stakeholders.
There is a requirement for regular travel and, to effectively fulfil this requirement, you must be able to travel independently around the district.
Permanent Contract; 37 hours per week. Salary £20,661, rising to £22,658, plus an Essential Car User Allowance of up to £963 per annum. A relocation package may also be available.
Job application guidance
All applications must be made on our standard application form and CVs will not be considered. No agencies please.
Job application forms
- Online job application form
- Job application form (PDF: 425Kb / 12 pages)
- Job application form (Word document: 52Kb / 12 pages)
- Job application form LARGER TEXT (Word document: 950Kb / 13 pages)
In order to ensure fair and open recruitment processes we are;
- unable to accept CVs in lieu of, or as part of, an application of employment and
- unable to maintain a database of potential candidates, so cannot accept or store applications or CVs submitted on a speculative basis.
Candidates who canvass Council Members or Senior Officers will be disqualified.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer.
As users of the disability symbol, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.