Useful equality contacts
- Address: Equality Cumbria, PO Box 282, Carlisle, Cumbria CA2 6WZ
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://equalitycumbria.org/awaz-cumbria
- Description: AWAZ Cumbria is a support organisation for Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) people and aims to provide a voice for BME people and groups in Cumbria, (including migrant workers, Gypsy and Travellers), influencing strategy, policy and service delivery. AWAZ means "voice" in several European, Middle Eastern and Asian languages.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Daily Landline Telephone: 01228 597177
- Helpline Cumbria LGBT (Every Thursday, 7pm to 9.30pm): 01228 597177
- Mobile Helpline Cumbria LGBT (Every Thursday, 7pm to 9.30pm): 0330 123 7440
- Website: www.outreachcumbria.co.uk
- Description: OutREACH Cumbria provide help, advice and support to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community.
- Address: 6 to 8 Fisher Street, Carlisle, Cumbria CA3 8RN
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01228 267247
- Description: The centre supports the LGBT community in health and well-being issues and is supported by Sticky Bits Cafe, The Regency, Pride in North Cumbria, and Cumbria Pride.
- Projects based in the centre include the youth group Pride in North Cumbria and the Cumbria Pride committee who run a counselling service and organises and stages the annual Cumbria Pride event and Anti-Bullying Campaign.