Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Migrant workers' useful contacts

Migrant workers are people who make a choice to leave their home country to work in Great Britain. They have either permission from the British Government to work here, or automatic rights to do so.

National and regional organisations

UK Visas and Immigration

UK Visas and Immigration on GOV.UK for details of visas and settling in the UK.

Health and Safety Executive - working in Great Britain from overseas

Working in Great Britain from overseas on HSE website will help you understand how British health and safety law protects you at work.

HM Revenue & Customs

Tax if you come to live in the UK on GOV.UK has details on tax you have to pay on your income if you come to live in the UK.

Legal Aid

Legal Aid on GOV.UK has details of the help you may be entitled to with costs of legal advices.

Telephone: 0345 345 4 345


MRN (Migrants' rights network) work and campaign for the rights of all migrants,


Contact Jobcentre Plus on GOV.UK for benefit claims, making an appointment or finding a job.

Local Organisations

Citizens Advice Carlisle and Eden


Telephone: 03300 563 037

Address: 4th Floor Broadacre House, Carlisle, CA3 8DA

Cumbria Multicultural Women's Network

Cumbria Multicultural Women's Network brings together women of diverse cultures now living in Cumbria.

Facebook: Cumbria multicultural women's network

Telephone: 01229 208211


Cumbria Police


Telephone: 101


Eden Housing Association housing enquiries



Telephone: 01768 861400

Address: Blain House, Bridge Lane, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8QU

English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) information via Eden Rural Foyer

Website: Impact Housing's: Eden Rural Foyer


Telephone: 01768 861650

Address: Old London Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8ET

Immigration Facts for Cumbria

Website: Cumbria County Council: Equality for all in Cumbria


Telephone: 01229 208 211

Penrith and District Multicultural Group


Telephone: 01768 861650

Address: c/o Eden Rural Foyer, Old London Road, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8ET

Positive Feedback Okay Feedback Negative Feedback
Web page feedback