At the annual council meeting on 27 May 2021, Council elected Councillor Andrew Connell as Chairman of Eden District Council.
Role of the Chairman
The main role of the Chairman is to act as the non-political, civic and ceremonial head of the District of Eden. The role of the Chairman also includes:
- Chairing meetings of the Council;
- Communication with private and voluntary sector organisations across the District;
- Acting as official host to visitors to the District;
- To represent the District at ceremonial events;
- To promote public involvement in the Council's activities.
Invitations to the Chairman
The Chairman welcomes invitations to attend events in the District. The Chairman deals with invitations strictly in order of receipt. The Chairman likes to be well briefed about any function he is attending, therefore, it is best that you provide as much information as possible. On some occasions it may not be possible for the Chairman to attend. Should this be the case, the Vice-Chairman will deputise for the Chairman where possible.
|30 June 2021||Rotary Garden Re-dedication, St Andrew's Churchyard, Penrith|
|15 July 2021||The Staycation Express - VIP Preview Trip|
|19 September 2021||Allerdale Civic Service (Vice-Chair attending)|