District council chairman
At the annual council meeting on 16 May 2019, Council elected Councillor Andrew Connell as Chairman of Eden District Council.
Role of the Chairman
The main role of the Chairman is to act as the non-political, civic and ceremonial head of the District of Eden. The role of the Chairman also includes:
- Chairing meetings of the Council;
- Communication with private and voluntary sector organisations across the District;
- Acting as official host to visitors to the District;
- To represent the District at ceremonial events;
- To promote public involvement in the Council's activities.
Invitations to the Chairman
The Chairman welcomes invitations to attend events in the District. Invitations are dealt with strictly in order of receipt. The Chairman likes to be well briefed about any function to be attended, therefore, it is best that you provide as much information as possible. On some occasions it may not be possible for the Chairman to attend. Should this be the case, the Vice-Chairman will deputise for the Chairman where possible.
List of Chairman's engagements
We will publish a list of engagements for the municipal year 2019-2020 when information becomes available.