One of the aims of the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act is that public authorities should be clear and proactive about the information they make available to the public. We do this through the adoption of the model publication scheme. A publication scheme must specify:
The classes of information we publish or intend to publish.
- The manner in which the information will be published.
- Whether the information is available free of charge or on payment of a fee.
Following the model publication scheme provided by the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). This publication scheme is based on seven classes of information:
The classes of information will generally not include:
- The disclosure of information which is prevented by law, or exempt under the Freedom of Information Act, or is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure.
- Information in draft form.
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archive storage, or is difficult to access for similar reasons.
By adopting the ICO's model scheme, we are committed to the following;
- To proactively publish information, covering each of the seven classes.
- To communicate the availability and details of this information.
- To review and update this information on a regular basis.
Material which is published and accessed on this website can be downloaded free of charge. Some information that is only available in hard copy format may incur charges; for photocopying, printing, postage and packaging, in accordance with fees and charges.
All the publications listed below are available on this website free of charge. Should you require a paper copy of any of these files, please call the Contact Centre on 01768 817817 to organise and pay for printing and/or postage.
We are one of the six District Councils in Cumbria. We administer the most sparsely populated district (Eden) in England from our base in Penrith, Cumbria.
- Council Constitution:
- Council Democratic Structure
- Council Organisational Structure.
- Location and opening times of council properties.
- Currently elected councillors' information and contact details
- Contact details
- Most recent election results
- Relationships with other authorities
- Town and Parish Council Clerks and Councillors.
- Council finances
- Capital programme
- Spending reviews
- Financial audit reports
- District Councillors' Allowances
- Staff allowances and expenses
- Pay and grading structure
- Election expenses (returns or declarations and accompanying documents relating to election expenses sent to the council)
- Procurement, tendering and contracts
- Details of grants to the voluntary community and social enterprise sector
- Financial statements for projects and events
- Internal financial regulations
- Funding for partnership arrangements
- Corporate Plan
- Council policies, plans and strategies
- Providing value for money
- Internal and external organisation performance reviews, including external audits
- Strategies developed in partnership with other authorities
- Economic development action plan
- Forward plan
- Capital strategy
- External Assessment
- Comprehensive performance assessment
- Inspection reports
- Local Area Agreements
- Statistical information produced in accordance with the council's and departmental requirements
- Impact assessments
- Privacy impact assessments (in full or summary format)
- Service standards
- Public service agreements
- Policies and procedures for conducting council business
- Council Constitution Part4 - Rules of Procedure - The Full Council of the Constitution lists the policies, strategies, plans and schemes that make up the policy framework of the Council.
- Policies and procedures for delivering our services
- Pay policy statement
- Policies and procedures about the recruitment and employment of staff
- Customer service
- Customer charter
- Records management and personal data policies
- Charging regimes and policies
|Policies and procedures for conducting Council business||Council Constitution Part 4 - Rules of Procedure - The Full Council of the Constitution lists the policies, strategies, plans and schemes that make up the policy framework of the Council.|
|Policies and procedures for delivering our services|
|Environmental Policy||Environmental Policy|
|Food Safety||Food Safety Policy documents|
|Licensing Policy||Licensing Enforcement and Inspection Policy|
|Planning Policy||Planning Policy and the Local Plan|
|Staff and Employment||Staff and Employment Policies|
|Confidential Reporting Policy||Confidential Reporting Code (PDF: 281Kb / 9 pages)|
|Charging Regimes||Fees and Charges for Services|
Lists and registers are presented under the following sections:
- Registers of electors
- Public registers and registers and lists
- Asset registers
- Disclosure logs
- Register of Councillors' financial and other interests
- Planning information and publications
- Registers of Electors
|Electoral Register||Register of Electors - hard copy available under supervision for inspection at the Town Hall, Penrith. Appointments must be pre-arranged with the Elections Office on 01768 212253|
Public Registers and Lists
|Burials Register||Bereavement Services|
|Cooling towers and evaporative condensers list||Cooling towers register|
|Contaminated Land Register||Contaminated Land Register - free to view at Mansion House offices, fees will be payable for any copies requested.|
|Environmental Permit Register for Part A2 and Part B Installations||Environmental Permits Part B operating installations|
|Food Hygiene Ratings||Food Hygiene Ratings in Eden|
|License Office Register||Register of Licenses - including all public registers, gambling, lotteries and personal licenses|
|Health and safety enforcement notices register||HSE Public Register of Convictions|
|Local Land Charges Register||Local Land Charges|
|Planning Applications Register||The Planning Register|
|Planning Appeals Register||Planning Appeals Register|
|Tree Preservation Order List||Tree Preservation Orders|
|Elected Members Register||Elected Councillors|
|Responses to Public Consultation||Public Consultations in Eden|
|Asset Management Plan||Asset Management Plan 2017-2020 (PDF: 939Kb / 32 pages)|
|Community Asset Register||Assets of Community Value|
|Disclosure log||Freedom of Information responses list|
Register of Councillors' financial and other interests
|Register of Councillors' financial and other interests||Register of Councillors' Interests|
Planning Information and Publications
Further guidance is available from the ICO (Information Commissioner's office).
Alternatively write to: