Freedom of information request response - 06790
We are considering bringing a site forward for residential development and I have been directed to request information on whether the council as local planning authority is currently able to demonstrate a five year supply of deliverable housing sites (with the appropriate buffer, as set out in paragraph 73 of the National Planning Policy Framework).
In this regard, would you please be kind enough to assist me by providing the following information at your earliest convenience:
1) For purposes of decision-taking (determining planning applications), is the Authority currently able to demonstrate a five-year supply of deliverable housing sites (with the appropriate buffer, as set out in paragraph 73 of the National Planning Policy Framework?
2) What is the level (expressed in years) of the council’s current supply of deliverable housing sites?
3) What is the appropriate buffer applicable to the council’s supply?
4) Has a Planning Inspector or Inspectors confirmed, rejected or determined the current position referred to in Questions 1 and 2 in determining any appeals?
5) If so, would you please be kind enough to provide the appeal reference number(s)?
6) When is the authority’s new local development plan anticipated to be ready to be adopted?
1. Following adoption of the Eden Local Plan in October 2018, the Council is currently updating its housing information and in turn the five year housing land position to March 2020.
2. See response above.
6. March 2024