Freedom of information request response - 06730
- The Government has given increased backing to community led housing, a sector made up of organisations like housing co-operatives, cohousing groups, community land trusts, tenant management organisations and self-help housing groups.
- Does the council have any policies or ones in development to support community led housing? If so, what are they and where do they appear?
- Between January 2010 and December 2019, how many grants and/or loans has the council given to community led housing groups or organisations?
- Between January 2010 and December 2019, how many land disposals or leases has the council made to community led housing groups or organisations?
- Do you have dedicated staff to support community led housing? If so, what are their job titles?
The Council’s adopted Local Plan contains a policy (HS6 – Community Land Trusts). The new draft Housing Supplementary Planning Document (SPD) expands upon this policy and provides additional guidance, aimed at promoting and supporting Community Led Housing. The Council is currently drafting a new Housing Strategy and the draft includes a chapter on Community Led Housing, written by the Council’s lead Community Led Housing officer who is an Accredited Community Led Homes Advisor.
The Housing Policy and Projects Officer post is largely dedicated to Community Led Housing. The current post holder is an Accredited Community Led Homes Advisor, having completed the national Community Led Homes training programme. The officer is the nominated Community Led Housing point of contact for the authority.