Freedom of information request response - 06670
The following questions all refer to Specialist Supported Housing (SSH), by which I mean specialist supported housing which is exempted entirely from social rent caps. SSH is defined in the Housing Rents (Exceptions and Miscellaneous Provisions Regulations 2016), as accommodation ‘specifically designed or adapted for people who require specialised services to enable them to live independently as an alternative to a care home, and where the level of ongoing support provided is approximately the same as that provided by a care home’.
- For each year, what was the total paid out on Specialist Supported Housing under the Exempt category, 2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19 (financial)
- How much (if any) was paid out each financial year (2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19) to the following providers, if possible, please note
- how much was paid for accommodation costs (e.g. rent: through Local Housing Allowance rates etc,)
- how much was paid for in-house support services (eg. service charge, for Care Support and Supervision, etc,)
- how many people were housed as a result of referrals by the council for accommodation in properties run by each provider (and each year)
- Bespoke Supportive Housing Tenancies
- Westmoreland Supported Housing
- First Priority
- Golden Lane Housing (GLH)
- Care HA
- Sustain (UK) Limited
- Trinity Housing Association Limited
- Since April 2019, please provide (a.) the names of all Registered Providers paid by the council to provide Specialist Supported Housing under the Exempt category since April 2019 to date, (b.) how much was paid to each since April 2019.
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for adult social services.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.