Freedom of information request response - 06707
Please can you answer the following questions: if there is not time available to answer all of the questions, or if some are not possible to answer, please answer those you can in order – beginning with those at the top of the list first.
- How many of your employees work with children or vulnerable people (e.g. social workers, or those who work in fostering, education or child and adult care)?
- How many of your employees who work with children or vulnerable people are ‘remote workers’ or ‘flexible workers’ (i.e. they perform some of their duties away from a fixed/office location – for instance, performing home visits or working from home outside of regular office hours)?
All the below questions relate to those employees who work with children or vulnerable people, and are also considered ‘remote workers’ or ‘flexible workers’ as identified in questions a. and b. above
- Do you provide these employees with any of the below devices so that they can perform their jobs outside of the office (indicate all that are applicable)?
- Basic mobile phone
- Laptop computer
- Desktop computer
- Access centrally stored information on the individuals they are dealing with
- Save information on their cases or specific individuals to the device
- Save information on their cases or specific individuals to central storage that isn’t on the council-provided device (e.g. through a VPN connection)
- Communicate with colleagues over email
- Use collaboration tools (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Slack, WhatsApp)
- Communicate with the specific children or vulnerable people they are working with (e.g. over email or instant messaging)
- Communicate with people who work outside the organisation (e.g. contractors or other public services)
- Personal tasks – e.g. visiting non-work-related websites or accessing personal email account
- Yes, we prevent all tasks
- Yes, we prevent some tasks
- No, but they have to take specific actions – e.g. installing security on their device, using specific vetted applications
- Don’t know
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for adult or children’s social services.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.