Freedom of information request response - 06671
FOI ID number
GDPR Taking Photos
- Can you please detail how your Council trains or provides guidance to all staff who undertake photography or filming activity?
- Do you have a policy or procedure for the taking of photographs or filming activity at events?
- How do you manage consent at Councils functions or events? Please supply a copy of any policies or procedure pertaining to same.
- Do you place notices or posters at events to give warning to attendees that photographs will be taken? If yes, please include a copy of the announcement, sign, advertisement or poster. If no, what is your procedure?
- Do you have a ‘Planning an event’ checklist or procedure for staff? If yes, please supply a copy.
- If applicable, do you give notice on the event invitations that photographs will be taken? If yes, please include a copy.
- Do you have a media consent form? If yes, please enclose a copy.
- How do you manage consent for underage attendees?
- How do you manage consent kids photos taken in your library service?
- How do you manage consent for photos taken for official use (used in publications, plans, reports, etc.)
- Has your Council made any recommendations or reports to management concerning the taking of pictures or filming within your organisation? If so, please supply me with a copy.
- Guidance is provided through appropriate media policy documents. Support and training is provided by appropriate members of the Communications Working Group.
- Consent is sought and documented as appropriate. Related policy documentation is currently under review, pending approval as part of a wider review of the council’s communication strategy.
- Yes. Notices are created as required, no templates are provided, though advice is given in the policy documentation currently under review and awaiting approval as part of a wider review of the council’s communication strategy.
- Advance notice is recommended within current guidelines, though no templates are provided and no archive of previous invitations exists.
- Yes. This is included in the policy documentation currently under review and awaiting approval as part of a wider review of the council’s communication strategy.
- Appropriate consent forms are provided for parents / guardians / authorised carers.
- Not applicable.
- Appropriate consent forms are included in related policy documents.
- All policy documentation relating to the taking of pictures and filming within the council are currently in the process of being reviewed and updated as part of a wider review of the council’s communication strategy.
31 January 2020