Freedom of information request response - 06630
FOI ID number
Sports and leisure facilities
- What is the council's set budget for expenditure on sport and leisure facilities for the following two years:
- 2012 (so the 2011/2012 budget)
- 2020 (so the 2019/2020 budget)
- I would also like to know how many of the following facilities were owned/operated by the council for the above two years (so January 2012 and January 2020) please:
- Public swimming pools. Also, how many of these pools are Olympic-sized? (2012 and 2020)
- Public athletics tracks (2012 and 2020)
- Public cycling tracks/velodromes (2012 and 2020)
- Public playing fields / football rugby pitches does the council own/operate (2012 and 2020). This does not need to be broken down by size etc.
- a. £467,300
- a. Two pools (Penrith, Appleby). Neither are Olympic-sized. This is the same for both years.
d. The number of pitches has remained the same at 16 for both years.
27 January 2020