Freedom of information request response - 06631
FOI ID number
Climate change impact
- Please provide any risk assessment or impact assessment carried out by the council relating to the potential impact of climate change on the council and its services and/or the council area
- Please provide details of any of the following measures that the council has adopted since 2017 or is considering adopting, in relation to any area, in order to tackle climate change and/or reduce air pollution:
- congestion charging/road charging
- restrictions on private car usage in certain areas (eg town centres) and/or at certain times, where this is in response to climate change or air pollution
- restrictions or increased charges for car parking in certain areas (e.g. town centres) and/or at certain times, where this is in response to climate change or air pollution
- financial inducements to people to switch from using private cars
Please note that the measures in question 2 relate to tackling climate change or reducing air pollution - therefore measures solely to raise revenue do not count.
- The Council declared a climate emergency in 2019 and is working towards its strategy and action plan. No risk assessment or impact assessment has been produced relating to the impact of climate change.
- The Council has not adopted any measures in relation to those areas listed in order to tackle climate change.
20 January 2020