Freedom of information request response - 06589
Please can I request information for the below questions regarding the provision of certain women’s health services in your area:
- List of all practices (including address and postcode details) that are contracted to fit/offer an Internal Uterine System/Device (coil) fitting service
- How many IUS/Ds (coils) have each practice fitted/removed/reviewed/claimed for in the financial year 2018/19
- How much are contracted practices paid per IUS/IUD (coil) procedure (fit, remove, review or other) they currently contracted to pay per fit
- If fitting service is available how many insertions and removals have been undertaken in the last 12 months for each practice
- Does the practice have a bespoke clinic for IUS/D (coil) fitting or are appointments for IUS/D (coil) fits made as part of the routine appointment schedule or both
- Is there a waiting time for IUS/IUD (coil) fits at the practice and if so how long (less than 6 weeks, between 6 weeks – 6 months, or longer than 6 months
- If a practice does not have its own fitting service, which practice/clinic/hospital do they refer the majority of their patients that require an IUS/D (coil) fit to (type, name, address and postcode) and how many do they refer
- Do they have someone within the practice who provides specialist contraceptive counselling and if so what is their role (doctor, nurse, healthcare assistant, healthcare visitor or other)
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for women’s health services.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.