Freedom of information request response - 06556
FOI ID number
External Litter Company
- Since 1st October 2018, to date, has the council hired or been engaged in a contract with any external company to issue Fixed Penalty Notices related to littering on behalf of the council?If yes, please answer the following questions:
- What is the name of the external company or companies contracted? Please state the date range covered by each company since 1st October 2018.
- How many Fixed Penalty Notices were issued by each external company used, between 1st October 2018 and 30th September 2019?
- Were any of these fines issued for leaving domestic waste (refuse) bags out for collection outside of permitted times and if so, how many?
- What percentage of income generated from FPNs goes/went to the external company and what percentage goes/went to the council?
- What income did the council receive from FPNs issued by the external company between 1st October 2018 and 30th September 2019?
- When is the contract with the external company currently used due to expire?
- Does the council provide office space for contracted external workers?
- Do contracted external workers wear council uniforms?
- Please provide us with a copy of the contract between the council and the external company or companies referenced above. Please redact any personal information included in the contract if necessary for data protection.
- Under the terms of your contract with the private company, do environmental protection enforcers receive any financial incentives to issue FPNs?
10 December 2019