Freedom of information request response - 06557
Highway Bond Provision
- Please could you confirm what are the individual elements that your Authority includes within their bond requirement for all highways work for S278 and S38 agreements?
- Please could you provide an average value for bond provision for S278 and S38 agreements?
- Please confirm what items of highway apparatus currently attract commuted sums, and what are the individual costs?
- Would you consider using the developer obtained tender value for calculating the bond provision for S278 and S38 agreements?
- Please could you confirm your inspection fee or percentage applicable relevant to the bond provision for S278 and S38 agreements?
Highway S38/S278 Timescale
Section S278 Agreements relating to residential developments during each of the past 5 financial years.
- Please could you confirm the average time taken from technical submission to the issue of a technical approval?
- Please could you confirm what is the average time from technical approval to the completion of a Section 278 legal agreement? i.e. legal engrossment?
- Please could you confirm the average time to grant a Street works Permit, post execution of the document in question 2?
- What in your opinion is an appropriate timescale for the submission and financial execution of a S38/278 Agreement?
- What improvements do you think could be made to the overall process from submission to engrossment?
- Section 38 Road Adoptions relating to residential developments during each of the past 5 financial years. Please could you confirm what is the average time taken:
- from technical submission to technical approval?
- to completion of a Section 38 legal agreement?
- to commencement of the maintenance period?
- to the date of the formal adoption?
- to notification that any bond can be cancelled?
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for highways.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.