Freedom of information request response - 06474
1) How many dedicated animal health and welfare staff in your Local Authority (by FTE) in each the following years: 2017, 2018, 2019?
2) How many dedicated on-farm animal health and welfare staff in your authority for these years?
3) How many farm inspections/visits did your Local Authority carry out in each of these years? (If possible, please split between proactive and reactive visits)
4) How many prosecutions for farm animal welfare offences has your Local Authority made in each of these years?
If it does not exceed the time limit, please also provide the following:
5) The amount of resource applied to animal health and welfare in these years.
Please note that although the Food Health and Safety team do deal with animal licensing under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals)(England) Regulations 2018 the questions within this FOI relate to matters that would not necessarily fall within the scope of this Team.
It may be that colleagues in the County Council Trading Standards and / or the National Animal & Plant Health Agency (APHA) would be able to assist.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.