Freedom of information request response - 06382
FOI ID number
- Sunbed salon information
- Please can you advise how many salons/establishments operate in your borough with sunbeds.
- How they are licenced?
- What process is involved, for a salon to be registered with yourselves?
- How they are checked for compliance?
- How often they are checked for compliance?
- What are the measurements taken for rays omitted?
- Who completes the checks?
- How do you check that staff are fully trained to advise of the dangers of sunbed use?
- Four premises in the district operate sunbeds as solariums
- They are not licensed as there is no legal requirement or any byelaws which require us to licence solariums
- These businesses do not need to register for solariums
- They are not checked for compliance
- We do not measure rays
- We do not carry out any checks on staff
- The premises have all received mailshots historically regarding The Sunbeds (Regulation) Act 2010
13 September 2019