Freedom of information request response - 06345
Please can you provide me with:
- The names of the schools in your area that contain asbestos. Ideally, I would like this broken down into type of asbestos (white, brown and/or blue).
- The date and outcome of the last independent audit or inspection of each of these schools Asbestos Management Plans.
- The details of any reported incidents of asbestos exposure in these schools between 2010 and 2019.
- Details of any improvement or prohibition notice served or guidance issued by the HSE in relation to the management of asbestos in schools in your area in the last 5 years.
- The number of school employees (existing and retired staff to include teaching staff, school support staff and caretakers, etc) and ex-pupils that have pursued a claim against the Council for exposure to asbestos within a school in your area.
- The number of these claims that have been settled.
- The amount of money that has been paid in settlement of these claims (with and without your authority accepting responsibility).
- The details of training offered to school governors, teachers or similar who carry out an inspection.
- The number of ‘System-Built Schools’ in your area.
- The number of schools that have dealt with a leaky roof or a broken window or a damaged wall panel, during the past 5 years. (i.e. where the fabric of the building has been disturbed).
- Finally, details of when and why you have commissioned emergency asbestos air testing across your school’s estate.
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for schools and therefore the information you have requested is not held.
Go to Freedom of Information on Cumbria County Council’s website to make your FOI request.