Freedom of information request response - 06282
FOI ID number
Silver Band Falconry, Whiteacres, Kirby Thore, Penrith, Cumbria. CA10 1XR
could you please inform us whether:
- Do they have or have they acquired a zoo licence since April 2018? If so, could we have a copy of the certificate.
- Does the centre have a dispensation status that does not require a licence and is the centre licensed?
- Have the council deemed a zoo licence not necessary and if so, why not?
- Does this centre now have an Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018 for the keeping or training animals for exhibition or any other activity that this licence is required for? If not, why not? If they are could we have a copy of the certificate.
- They do not have a zoo licence.
- They do not have a dispensation.
- Eden District Council have deemed that a zoo licence is not necessary and review this decision every few years. Based on information and visits to the premises it was deemed that the collection was not a zoo because the premises had restricted access and the people visiting the premises were doing so for educational falconry courses. There was an element of offsite work including school visits and other displays (prior to Oct 2018 this was enforced by Cumbria County Council trading standards under old performing animal legislation).
- Eden District Council did request that Silver band falconry apply for an Exhibition licence under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018, this is in the process of being issued, application was received and a visit has been made but the certificate has not yet been issued.
01 August 2019