Freedom of information request response - 06258
FOI ID number
Public Health Funerals
- How many public health funerals were carried out in the financial year 2018/19?
- What was the total cost of public health funerals to the Local Authority in 2018/19?
- If you recovered funeral costs in 2018/19, what was the total amount that was recovered?
- What was the most common reason for the council performing a public health funeral in 2018/19?
(Choose one option below.)
- The deceased had no family
- The deceased's family were unable to pay for the funeral
- The deceased's family were unwilling to pay for the funeral
- Are family members allowed to attend the public health funeral? Please answer Yes or No
6a. If the funeral is a cremation funeral, are the ashes returned to the family? Please answer Yes or No
6b. If you answered YES to 6a, was there a cost to the family to have the ashes returned to them?
7a. How many public health funerals in 2018/19 were burial funerals?
7b. How many public health funerals in 2018/19 were cremation funerals?
- Officer time, 15.4 hours
- Not applicable
- The deceased’s family were unwilling to pay for the funeral
- We always bury the deceased, so not applicable
- One burial
23 July 2019