Freedom of information request response - 06152
We are doing research into different policy approaches that local authorities take towards armed forces recruitment and promotional activity in public spaces and public events.
I would be grateful if you could provide information on the following:
- Does the council allow promotional and recruitment activities by the armed forces in public spaces/events?
- If yes to 1., does the council allow weapons and military vehicles to be part of these activities?
- If yes to 1., what is the procedure for the armed forces to undertake these activities?
- What is the council's policy on children (under 18 years old) handling military weapons in public spaces/events?
- What policies inform the council's position on this, in relation to event licensing, safeguarding, the Armed Forces Covenant etc.
The Council does not have a policy relating to the activities or issues mentioned in questions 2 to 4.
5. Please refer to relevant information on our website: