Freedom of information request response - 05731
Please can you help with the following five questions about ‘independent accommodation’ used for children, including Looked After Children (LAC), age 16 and 17 years-old or younger. ‘Independent accommodation’ can include B&Bs, Hotels and private rental properties.
Children, including LAC, aged 16 and 17 years old or younger housed in ‘independent accommodation’
- How many children were housed in independent accommodation in 2017?
- How long did children housed in ‘independent accommodation’ spend in the accommodation (one night, a week or less, a month or less, more than a month, up to three months, six months or less, six months or more)?
- What were the ages of children housed in ‘independent accommodation’ (please provide a separate figure for each year of age)?
- How regularly were safeguarding checks carried out on ‘independent accommodation’ used to house children in 2017?
- Before placing LAC children in ‘independent accommodation’ were safeguarding risk assessments carried out on properties? If so who carried these out?
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for children’s services.
See Freedom of Information at Cumbria County Council to redirect your query using their website.