Freedom of information request response - 05688
FOI ID number
Homelessness Reconnection Policy
- Please details how many homeless people have been given transport to leave the local authority under your “reconnection policy” in the five years. Please provide data in an annualised format (2014,2015,2016,2017,2018 so far)
- Of these transportation tickets, please detail:
- How many were one-way train tickets.
- The destination to where people were sent, if possible.
- The gender and age of the person travelling, if possible.
- The reason for the reconnection, if possible.
- Whether the local authorities performed a follow-up with each person given transport under the “reconnection policy”.
We don’t hold any figures beyond 2015 and so far in 2018 there have been none:
|Year||Customer||Gender||Age||One way/Return||Destination||Reason||Follow up|
|2015||Customer 1||Male||20||One way||Sunderland||Relationship break-down, no family or friends and wanted to return to family||Yes|
|2015||Customer 2||Male||36||Return||Worcester||Their request||Yes|
|2015||Customer 3||Male||72||One way||Perth||Was a missing person with dementia and didn’t realise where he was||Yes|
|2016||Customer 1||Male||48||One way||Barrow in Furness||To answer bail||No|
|2017||Customer 1||Male||20||One way||Paisley||Removed from train with for no ticket||No|
30 October 2018