Freedom of information request response - 05678
Could you please provide us with the following information:
- what accommodation is available, for fulfilling its obligations under section 21(2)(b) of the Children Act 1989 (“s 38 beds”), how much of this accommodation is secure and non-secure;
- the number of times in the year to 01 October 2018 you have been contacted and asked to receive, and provide accommodation (secure and non-secure) for, children under section 38(6) PACE 1984;
- the number of times in the in the year to 01 October you have provided such accommodation (secure and non-secure) following a police request under s38(6) PACE 1984; and
- whether you currently have a policy for fulfilling the statutory obligations under section 21(2)(b) Children Act 1989 and, if so, what that policy is. If a policy document exists we would be grateful if you could please provide us with a copy, as well as a copy of all previous policy.
To clarify, I am looking for information that for example, in the Local Authority:
- There are currently six s 38 beds, of which one is in secure accommodation;
- There have been 300 requests to receive and provide accommodation for children in the year to 01 October 2018. 250 of these have been for non-secure accommodation and the rest for secure accommodation;
- In the year to 01 October 2018, the authority has been able to comply with 200 of the non-secure accommodation requests and 25 of the secure requests;
- A policy on this issue exists, and a copy is provided;
Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FOI) request which has been logged with the reference number FOI 05678.
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for children’s services.
See Freedom of Information at Cumbria County Council to redirect your query using their website.