Freedom of information request response - 05671
- Please provide the total number of children known to you as being electively home educated in your local authority on the final day of each of the following academic years (a) 2017/2018 (b) 2016/2017 (c) 2015/2016 (d) 2014/2015 (e) 2013/2014
- Please provide the number of pupils de-registered from school to be electively home educated broken down as follows:
- Total number
- Categorised in to: (i) children with no known SEN (ii) children with SEN (with and without EHCPs or statement of SEN plans)
- Categorised in to children deregistering from (i) local authority maintained schools (including but not limited to faith schools, free schools, city technology colleges, state boarding schools) and (ii) academies?
Please provide this data for each of the following academic years 2017/2018, 2016/2017, 2015/2016, 2014/2015 and 2013/2014.
3. Please state, in order of most to least common, the top 5 reasons given by parents/carers for choosing to home educate their child, as captured in the 2017/2018 academic year?
4. How many full-time equivalent roles in your local authority (directly employed or contracted) are dedicated to dealing with elective home education?
Please provide this data for the end of each of the following academic years 2017/2018, 2016/2017, 2015/2016, 2014/2015 and 2013/2014.
5. In the academic year 2017/2018 how many students were registered to be attending (a) local authority maintained schools (including but not limited to faith schools, free schools, city technology colleges, state boarding schools) and (b) academies?
Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FOI) request which has been logged with the reference number FOI 05671.
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for schools.
See Freedom of Information at Cumbria County Council to redirect your query using their website.