Freedom of information request response - 05521
- Does the local authority impose any restrictions on the sale, possession and use of fireworks?
- If yes, what restrictions are in place and which local byelaw (/ legal mechanism) does it fall under?
- Who within the local authority is responsible for enforcing this?
- How many complaints has the council received in relation to fireworks in the last 3 years (2015/2016/2017)?
Sky lanterns and balloon releases
- Does the local authority impose any restrictions on the use of sky, or Chinese lanterns, and balloons on land controlled by the local authority?
- If yes, what restrictions are in place?
Thank you for your Freedom of Information (FOI) request which has been logged with the reference number FOI 05521.
I have been informed that this would fall under the remit of Trading Standards.
Please note that as a district council we do not have responsibility for trading standards.
See Freedom of Information at Cumbria County Council to redirect your query using their website.